Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! 112 point range on scores!!

tag
blameitonrio
Established Member

Help!! 112 point range on scores!!

Help!!  I'm very new to all of this, and when I pulled my three FICOs today, there is 112 pt spread, which I don't understand!!  They are:  EQ:580, TU 647, EX 692.  What is up with that?  I compared, and the highest score actually has MORE lates and MORE  accts.  I don't understand!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Help!! 112 point range on scores!!

Print out all three, and go through with a yellow highlighter, marking each account as it appears on all three reports. What's missing from EQ (or what's present)?

Even if you have more lates on one report, if those lates are on old accounts, and those accounts aren't there on EQ, they could be helping you more than hurting.

It's also possible that your EQ file has split, and some of your accounts aren't showing up. This happens when a file gets really big, and especially when it has lots of soft inquiries, as happens when you pull your own reports a lot.

Anyway, several explanations. First you need to pinpoint what's missing from EQ and why.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

Thanks for the reply!!  I compared EQ and TU last noc, which have a 67 point difference, and they were nearly identical.  I have not yet compared to the EX yet, but I can already tell by glancing that there is significant difference.  Once I find out what is different, how do I find out why they are different?  Who do I contact?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who you contact depends on the results of your findings when comparing all 3.

Compare all 3 to see if all of your accounts are reporting. Then compare the balances. Then compare the lates if any, and their severity(30,60,90, etc).

Compare for other major baddies(collections, charge offs, etc). Compare all 3 to what is contained in Public records.

I think you get the idea. It's time consuming and laborious to be sure. But it's the only way for you to find out, and more importantly, know what is going on in your credit life.
Message 4 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

Thank you for the reply.  I'm learning a lot as I go!!
Message 5 of 7
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@blameitonrio wrote:
Help!! I'm very new to all of this, and when I pulled my three FICOs today, there is 112 pt spread, which I don't understand!! They are: EQ:580, TU 647, EX 692. What is up with that? I compared, and the highest score actually has MORE lates and MORE accts. I don't understand!!

I have the same issues with my CRs. The problem is, at least in my case, although I have paid COs and other baddies which are due to fall off before 03/09 EQ lists these charge offs and nearly 7 year old collection account as OPEN accounts with just a note in the COMMENT section of the credit report that says PAID or CLOSED.

For the past 3 months, I have argued on the phone with EQ CSRs that computer scoring doesn't read the comment sections. However, EQ just keeps verifying and not changing how this information is reported.

Bottomline, when I review either a 3in1 report or individual reports from each CRA. The same baddies on TU and EX read either CLOSED(PAID) OR CLOSED(TRANSFERRED).

On EQ these same baddies read DEROGATORY OR OPEN and in the comment section of the CR it has a note saying TRANSFERRED OR PAID CHARGEOFF.

It would seem that if you have ANY baddies on EQ that they aren't going to let your score increase as those baddies age until the either fall off or the baddies are removed.

If anyone has had ANY success in getting EQ to report correctly, please let me know.
Message 6 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

Interesting!  I wonder why the difference.  Anyone know?  I'll be especially curious to see, b/c DH got a letter today from Verizon about a collection account he disupted that we never knew about and the letter said they were going to delete it from all three credit agencies, so I'll be curious to see how EQ deals with this.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.