EQ: 655
TU: 661
EX: 663

Goal: 700
Message 11 of 14
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Increasing Mortgage Score

You'll see a significant score boost once that last collection comes off. My mortgage score was in the low 600's and that was with 1 teeny little medical collection for $80 (paid). It randomly fell off my EX report, which was the last one it was on, and my mortgage score is now 695. I don't know why they would tell you not to worry about those accounts, but then again, I'm not a lender so I don't know what they require. I just know better score = better rates.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I am just making the payments and or settlements to get them $0.00 and watching my reports for accounts to fall off or be close enough to the 7 year mark that I can call and ask the CRA for early exclusion. I just want to have no more charged off accounts, i won't have collections as they will soon fall off and I have been paying the charge offs just to get my account balances to $0.00 and to not have any account go to a 3rd party collection then have the accounts reporting negative by 2 companies. Pushing through!! 

Again thanks for the information! 

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

You'll see a significant score boost once that last collection comes off. My mortgage score was in the low 600's and that was with 1 teeny little medical collection for $80 (paid). It randomly fell off my EX report, which was the last one it was on, and my mortgage score is now 695. I don't know why they would tell you not to worry about those accounts, but then again, I'm not a lender so I don't know what they require. I just know better score = better rates.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SouthJamaica:

Thanks for the advice. I did not manage to get the charged off accounts deleted but I was able to settle them, I know you said don't settle but I had to it was the best option as I will be go to closing on April 30th  :-)

Not doing too bad, still working on things though! 

So here are the updates from February to April 1st

I have 1.5 accounts in collection: 

* Midland $910 ( also being reported by Credit One *Thanks to you guys; Goodwill sent and accepted should come off this month/ Credit one removed from report but its too early to ask Midland and its almost time to fall off I will just leave this one alone for now)

* Midland $1,064: Deleted from Transunion and Experian ( Equifax that bugga bear)  Smiley Frustrated

*National Credit System $2,828  Disputed with them because apartments never sent final bill or notice and I had proof of emails reaching out and sending them my forwarding address

Late Pays Charge Offs

* Conns $ 1420  ( both accounts settled but were updated incorrectly in March and current reports shows the difference from Settlement, reached out to executive and they submitted a manual update today 4/12; can't wait to see my score change with these two now to $0.00) Smiley Happy

*Conns $ 4262

*CU Revolving $740 ( paid but not updated on reports yet)

*CU Loan $392 

* Finance Company $1,220

Current Accounts all in good standing no late

Navy Federal $1000 - $0 bal

Citi $1000 -$6.00  $5.00 bal

Cap One $850 - $0 Bal

Fingerhut $600 - $0 bal

Kohls/Capone $300 - $0 bal

Credit Union Credit Card $1000 - $0 bal

Navy Fed (Auth User: Newly added this month) $10,900 - $0 bal

Auto Loan Credit Union $29,400  $28,700

Student Loans $77K

Auto Loan (Co-signer) $14K  $13k

Personal Loan $1200 $1100

SCORES as of Feb 2019 FICO8/Mortg:

TU: 634/568

Exp: 617/600

Equ: 617/603

SCORES as of April 2019 FICO8/Mortg:

TU:669/669

Exp: 641/645

Equ: 634/597 ( this equifax is a bugga bear and they are difficult to communicate with and their system is always "updating"

Short Term: Need 621+ on Mortgage Middle ( Done!!!!)

Goal 700+ across the board ( almost there) 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.