Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help-Missing FICO scores.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help-Missing FICO scores.

I searched so forgive me if this subject is posted elswhere. Here is my situation. I am in the process of buying a home. Last August my mid FICO scores were 660 and slowly improving every month. I only have one Capitol One credit card that I have been using for the past year to improve my credit. I started with no score in Jan.2011 to 660's by last summer. Last week my lender pulls my scores again to make sure I'm on track and havent gone car shopping. Now none of the 3 agencies show a score for me. Cap One promises up and down they are still reporting. My lender tried a rapid rescore/credit supplement with my credit card statements but to no avail. Any one have any idea where I can go or what I should do? I'm still 50 days from this house being built but I fear this problem will take some time to fix.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help-Missing FICO scores.

In order for a FICO score to be generated, these must apply:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

I'd make sure the CapOne is reporting. I'd pull your reports from somewhere to confirm or I'd ask for the last copy of your tri-merge report from last week (they should be giving it to you) and confirm that it was in there.

Then I'd look at the CapOne TL itself. Make sure it isn't reporting as being in dispute. If it is, and that's all you have, then there would be no FICO score. I'd also make sure the open date listed for CapOne shows a date prior to last summer. As of today, that open date needs to be at least 7/1/2011. After that date, you wouldn't have a FICO. Finally, sounds crazy but have seen examples in here, make sure that if the CC is joint or AU, the other isn't listed as deceased on their CR.

Aside from CapOne, do you have the means to be added as an AU on someone else's account, like a family member?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. My wife also has a Cap1 card in her name..are you saying maybe go jointly on hers? My Cap1 account has been open for 13 months. They investigated and show that they are indeed reporting. They want me to send them a copy of my recent credit pull to prove otherwise which I'm now doing.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so indeed CAP 1 is reporting every month and has never stopped.However what has stopped since April is the activity on my card. My credit report simply shows that no activity since 4/11 which is wrong. Sending my monthly statements to the 3 credit agencies was not good enough for them. I'm in limbo now.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so indeed CAP 1 is reporting every month and has never stopped.However what has stopped since April is the activity on my card. My credit report simply shows that no activity since 4/11 which is wrong. Sending my monthly statements to the 3 credit agencies was not good enough for them. I'm in limbo now.

Were you charging on your Cap One CC and letting the balance post on your CR?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I've never stopped charging on the card, I still use it for everything. Every month just before the due date I pay off @ 75% of the balance..leaving a balance since I've heard paying it off completly when trying to raise your score isnt good. This has worked since I went from no FICO just before getting the card to 660 in a 4 month span.The only time I ever completly paid off the balance was in 4/11..which just happens to be the month all my activity ceased to exist on my report. Looking at all my current statements they do show the 25%-30% balance that I leave every month with my available credit being about 75% of my credit limit. Am I doing something wrong here? Going over some older credit reports it does show my balance for that time frame. Just no longer of course.

Message 6 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

When the lender pulled the credit report what was the reason for the score not being calculated?  Has anything changed regarding  where you live or  your social security number ? Edited : I re-read some of the posts which answered one my questions

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason was no recent activity. I did change my billing address a few months before all this came about. As far as my SSN no nothing has changed. Cap One investigated and said what they see on my report is accurate..that they are indeed reporting every month. They just failed to notice it shows no recent activity since last April. They have to know when looking at my monthly statements this is incorrect.

Message 8 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Okay that helps.  What address does Capital One have as your current address your current or former address?  Second question when the lender pulled the credit report did the lender use your current address only or your former address? The reason for the questions is this. When the bureaus search ofr your credit report inforamtion it is not by SSN only they also use addresses and names.  If the address Capital One is reporting your account with and the address used to pull your credit report with do not match it can cause this type of problem.  If your lender pulled with your current address have the lender pull using  your current and previous address. If Capital One has your former address update the information.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that might be something there. I verified today that CapOne has my current address. Just so happens the last reporting date for activity on my card is from the same month (April) I moved and updated my address. Of course that doesnt explain how this same lender was able to get my scores back in last October. Or could it be my scores showed then since they were going off the past 6 months?? Sending my lender this question right now. Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.