Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with dispute on inaccurate factor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with dispute on inaccurate factor

I could use some assistance on getting a factor on my report removed. 

On 4-4-17, I received an alert on Experian. It showed a 29 pt drop and it stated reason: recent missed payment 2 months. I'm OCD concerning payments, so naturally I pulled my reports....all of them, to find this missed payment. The missed payment does not exist. So I called myFico. In short, they said it's Experian, call them. They also confirmed no missed payment. 

I called Experian, who also confirmed no missed payment. They said call myFico, because it's their report. 

Im not happy. So I filed a dispute with CFPB on Experian. There response, is for me to dispute the account. There is no account with late payments, so I can't dispute something that is not there. It is only showing in the factors that are hurting your credit: recent missed payment 2 months. 

Heres the kicker, this factor is not aging. As of today, it still says recent missed payment 2 months. (If it was aging it would say: recent missed payment 4 months). This means it will continue to drag my score down. This is only on Experian, does not show on Equifax or Transunion.  

If anyone has a similar experience or know how I should proceed, please advise. I need help ☹️

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Help with dispute on inaccurate factor

Are you on the 3B quarterly report? 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

Message 3 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

So the alert on 4-4 was that the pull of your 3B quarterly report, and you are due for another on July 4th? 

If so you might not have the true FICO scores and reports now, if there was a glitch, or reporting since. You can use Credit Check Total for $1, 1 week trial membership, they are true FICO scores, not FAKO or Vantage scores. You can cancel within a week. It is not a hard pull inquiry either and does not affect your credit score. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This pertains to FICO reports. I know the difference between vantage and FICO.

I have thoroughly validated this is showing on my Experian FICO via myFico and CCT. 

Myfico and Experian can "see" the issue, but both are saying the other should correct it. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.