cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with reasons for 39 pt RISE in EQ fico (Util, Collection, AAOA???)

tag
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

Help with reasons for 39 pt RISE in EQ fico (Util, Collection, AAOA???)

I received an alert yesterday in regards to a score change, but hadn't done anything that I thought would effect the score so checked it out and my EQ score went UP 39 points.

The reason for the rise in score was listed as the following:

"Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 3 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You have a public record or collection in addition to a serious delinquency on your credit report.
  • You have a recent public record or collection on your credit report.
  • There is no recent activity on your credit cards.'

1) I only have one credit card and I had paid the utilization down to 5% last month (from 28%)and the score only went up 5 points, this month it reported at 9%.

2) Another possibility is that I had a collection report in October 2011.  It is still unpaid, but would hit the two year mark next month.  I'm wondering if maybe being close to that "milestone" is the reaon for the "You have a recent public record or collection on your credit report." no longer hurting your score comment above.

3) Lastly, I noticed that my AAOA hit 15 years this report.  Does your AAOA hitting a certain timeframe of years affect your fico score??

I am EXTREMELY happy for the boost, but am trying to figure out what may be the cause so I will know for the future..........

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with reasons for 39 pt RISE in EQ fico (Util, Collection, AAOA???)

My vote is #3, but your TLs turned all a month older on the first. My vote would be that the alert for that, if at all, would have come 9/1 (or a few days thereafter). I think something else happened.

Message 2 of 4
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

My vote is #3, but your TLs turned all a month older on the first. My vote would be that the alert for that, if at all, would have come 9/1 (or a few days thereafter). I think something else happened.

Did a line by line check and found something else that probably helped bring the score up.

I had 11 different Sallie Mae accounts that each showed 120 day lates in 12/2006 and 1/2007 before they were consolidated.  (so TWENTY TWO total 120 day lates).

It seems that the 12/2006 120 day lates all fell off this month.  Hopefully, next month the other 11 120 day lates fall off and all I'll have left is one 90 day late total on all my reports!!!  (that one should fall off next summer)

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

That can do it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.