Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How AAoA affected my scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How AAoA affected my scores

I wanted to share something in hopes it might help some understand AAoA.

I monitor both my TU and EQ FICO scores on here regularly.  I was expecting a baddie to drop off in July and it did just as planned.  Both my reports are nearly identical with two exceptions.  I bought two cars over the past ten years with almost perfect payment history.  They show on my EQ but not on my TU report.  I had (before July) three baddies in addition to the auto loans (all three charged off credit cards).  The remaining two will come off in November this year.  I also have my student loans on both reports (perfect history).  My average age of accounts for both were around 4.5 to 5 years prior to the baddie comming off.

Now heres the kicker.  Since the oldest account was the baddie, and my TU did not have the auto loans (which are two years younger) my TU score dropped nealy 26 pts when the baddie came off.  My EQ score however went up 19 pts.  The only major difference being the auto loans that show on EQ.

I'm curious just how good my EQ will be come November and how loosing the two baddies from TU will affect that score since the AAoA will be dramatically different.  I would guess my EQ will be 5+ years AAoA and my TU AAoA to be around 4 or 4.5 years.  Granted the payment history on the auto loans helps the EQ too so that has to account for something, history that is missing from the TU score.  I tried to get the lender to post on TU but they said they don't subscribe to TU so its a no go.

Hope this helps give others insight into AAoA.  It's a learning thing for me for sure.

RRinTN

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.