Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Will My Score Drop?

tag
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

How Much Will My Score Drop?

Question for the board I recently went on an app spree after a collection fell off my equifax credit report. I started with $3800 in credit before the app spree aftwards three new prime cards, USAA World Master Card 9K Discover More Card 6K and Chase MWR MasterCard 3K and a $4500 CLI with Chase Star MasterCard. Just wondering how it might hurt my score with the AAoA dropping so quickly.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: How Much Will My Score Drop?

We don't have enough info to tell.  Depends how big your base is now.

If you are military, you might want to look at NFCU.  It will cost you a couple more equifax inquiries to get credit card, but they are awesome.  One inquiry to join.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 6
logan_720
Established Contributor

Well, I had an AAoA of 6 years, 6 mos, then I aquired an Apple Finance card through Barclay and it dropped 6 years to 6 months...

Message 3 of 6
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

My oldest card is an HSBC Starter card with a $400 limit at 5 years and I have had the Chase Miltary star MasterCard for 4 years and I just opened the other cards last month. I'm waiting for the new cards to hit my CR before dropping HSBC now CapitalOne.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 4 of 6
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yeah, if you figure your before and after AAoA, Your utilization before and afterwards, hard inquiries before and after.  Probably can take some educated guesses on what will happen.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@logan_720 wrote:

Well, I had an AAoA of 6 years, 6 mos, then I aquired an Apple Finance card through Barclay and it dropped 6 years to 6 months...

I think wherever you pulled your credit report from failed at math there Smiley Wink.  Or the data on AAoA was pulled from differing sources (CK I'm looking at you!)

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.