cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take you to get to the 700 club?

tag
kisbel65
New Contributor

How long did it take you to get to the 700 club?

I started this journey about two and half years ago with very low scores (some as low as 490). At first I did not know about FICO, so I was pulling FAKOs from Experian (so technically it has been 1 and half year). Anyway, I am still not a the 700 club (TU660 EQ 609). I have only one account coming off this year and three coming off next year. I hope to be in the high 700s in 2012. Nonetheless, I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to speed up the process and also wanted to know what was your average time to reach the 700 club? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How long did it take you to get to the 700 club?

@kisbel65 wrote:

I started this journey about two and half years ago with very low scores (some as low as 490). At first I did not know about FICO, so I was pulling FAKOs from Experian (so technically it has been 1 and half year). Anyway, I am still not a the 700 club (TU660 EQ 609). I have only one account coming off this year and three coming off next year. I hope to be in the high 700s in 2012. Nonetheless, I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to speed up the process and also wanted to know what was your average time to reach the 700 club? 

There is no average time as every one has a different credit profile.

The accounts you have coming off are they collections, late payments, judgements?

Depending on what they are you may be able to attempt a GW to have them removed pending the collection is paid, the lates are now up to date and have been for several years. The judgement would have to be paid and then you attempt to have it vacated.

If you have collections that are unpaid you can attempt a PFD with the CA.

While you have one negative coming off this year you may see a small change in your scores but I wouldn't count on too much of a change since you still have 3 others pending to fall off next year.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

The overriding impact on credit score is not so much what drops off, but rather what shrapnel still remains.

Message 3 of 5
kisbel65
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. How do I process a GW? All collections have been paid.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@kisbel65 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. How do I process a GW? All collections have been paid.

Here is a discussion about GW's and some examples of what others have used that might be helpful to you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=GW+letter+template 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.