cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till score update after a delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long till score update after a delete?

I have a handful of deletions (hurray for GW letters!) that will be processed this month.

Approximately how long should I wait before checking for a score change? Or does the score change instantaneously with deletes?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How long till score update after a delete?

@tk777777 wrote:

I have a handful of deletions (hurray for GW letters!) that will be processed this month.

Approximately how long should I wait before checking for a score change? Or does the score change instantaneously with deletes?

Once it is reported the changes will take effect. Sometimes it can take 30-45 days for it to be reported to the credit bureaus.

Congrats....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My deletes happened in just a few days.  They were updated before I even got the letter agreeing to the delete.

Good Job!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

My deletes happened in just a few days.  They were updated before I even got the letter agreeing to the delete.

Good Job!

By 'they' do you mean your CRs, or the scores? I'm specifically wondering about the FICO scores and whether there's any lagtime between changes on my reports and related changes to my FICO score.

Thanks for congrats! I'll be sharing all my success methods as soon as everything's cleared. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Well, I'm assuming "they" are the credit reports, since what is on the reports is what generates the score.  I haven't gotten new report but called TU today and they said no account by that name, and MYFICO went up 15 points, it had to be the removed account.

I have set my scorewatch setting to match my current score, so when the score changes (even by one point) i'm notified about every 7 days of the new score, but I dont get a new report w/ it.  Have to buy that for $13.95.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.