cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long would it take for FICO score to update after event?

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

How long would it take for FICO score to update after event?

There was one collection reporting on my Equifax report, but it was an error. I disputed it, and it has been deleted. According to Equifax, it was deleted April 18th. How long should I expect it to take that deletion to translate to a score increase, if it does at all? I am a ScoreWatch subscriber.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long would it take for FICO score to update after event?

I'm going to answer my own question here: It went up today, from 671 to 695.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How long would it take for FICO score to update after event?

lol, patience solves many problems, I guess.

Essentially, your score doesn't exist until you (or someone else) pulls your report. At that moment, a score is generated off the info that is on the report. So whenever new info hits a report, theoretically your score could change, if the info was enough to trigger a change.

Equifax generally takes several days to post the info received from lenders, so that adds some excitement to the wait.

Then, if you're waiting on a Score Watch alert, you then have to let its cycle of report checking to go through. See the sticky on the top of the MyFICO Product Feedback board about what Score Watch checks for and how often.

eta: and congrats on the very nice score hop!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.