Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no freaking patience..

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

I have no freaking patience..

So I have a question for some people here. On 7/20/16, I was sitting with a 687/750 with my Capital 1. So basically my uti was like 92% and overall uti, if you included my 0/150 WalMart store card brought my uti to a sexy 79% lol My current scores reflect this.

So since I was making minimum payments, I decided what the hell, let me just bring the uti down to about 10%. Before doing so, I was advised to req to a CLI, which I got approved!! by 1k! so my CC shows a 687/1750. I made a payment of 515, so my overall uti should be below 10%.

Now this was on 7/20/16. My Bill for Cap 1 is due on the 10th every month.

All my scores are updated once a month (Walmart hasnt updated it yet, last month they updated on 7/5), with creditscorecard updating on the 16th.

My question is when the hell will Cap 1 report my new balance + spending limit so my new scores can be updated?? Jeeze..

*Before anyone says use CCT, its a waste of a dollar, as my CK reports (which update weekly) hasvent reported the cap1 increases yet, so it obvi wont show on my scores.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have no freaking patience..

I would look at the "last reported" date for your Capital One from last month and venture to guess it would be similar this month.  Usually reporting is done +/- a day or two from the same date each month.  If your statement closes on the 10th and say they usually report on the 13th or 14th, you'd likely see them report around the same date this month.  Probably within the next week you'll see the change with the new CL reflected.

Message 2 of 6
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would look at the "last reported" date for your Capital One from last month and venture to guess it would be similar this month.  Usually reporting is done +/- a day or two from the same date each month.  If your statement closes on the 10th and say they usually report on the 13th or 14th, you'd likely see them report around the same date this month.  Probably within the next week you'll see the change with the new CL reflected.

Thanks for the reply.. Man, I feel like time is going by so slowly.. oh well, worst case scenario is 1 more week.. sigh

Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't sweat it.  Unless you are applying for new credit very soon it's no big deal what your score looks like at this exact moment.  My scores all dropped 20+ points about a month ago when I opened 3 new accounts, but since I'm not applying for new credit any time in the next year or so it doesn't bother me.  Let us know how it looks when the account reports the updated info!

Message 4 of 6
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't sweat it.  Unless you are applying for new credit very soon it's no big deal what your score looks like at this exact moment.  My scores all dropped 20+ points about a month ago when I opened 3 new accounts, but since I'm not applying for new credit any time in the next year or so it doesn't bother me.  Let us know how it looks when the account reports the updated info!

Will do, and yes I'm holding off on applying for a new credit card (CSP + Freedom) until the scores are updated.

However, once they do update and I am expecting a big boost, I will let you guys know here..

Message 5 of 6
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way... about Chase. Sooooo slow.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.