Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just dont get it

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

I just dont get it

I  have 15,000 cl on macy visa, 3500 cl on my sears card, and 7500 cl on my target visa.

I am vey active with my cards, and  pay my bills in full every month.  This month my macy visa  balance was -$32,  my sears is $144, and my  target visa is 0.  So can someone explain to me why I recieved this alert? I just dont understand. Trans 780, experian 767, Exq 774  

Score Watch alertJanuary 24, 2010

Alert: The balances on 2 of your accounts have increased

Score Watch alert/Changes to your FICO® Score  
Your FICO® score decreased to 774 on January 24, 2010.
This score decrease may be caused by this new reason:

• You recently opened a new credit account.

Changes to your credit report  
This decrease in your FICO® score happened on the same day as a change on your Equifax Credit Report™ which triggered an alert. Most likely, the decrease was caused by the credit report change, but this is not always the case. Your score may have dropped because of some change on the credit report that was not reported as an alert. Also, if multiple changes on the credit report happened on the same day, some may have helped the score while others hurt it.

2 of your accounts reported balance increases
VISA/DSNB  (XXXXXXXXXXXX9177)
New balance: $30

Account opened: 5/2009
Description: Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reported Newly reported Account balance: $0 $30
You received this alert because this balance which was previously $0 increased to $30. You can change the settings for this kind of alert here.

Contact: VISA/DSNB, 9111 Duke Blvd, Mason, OH, 450408999   •   (800) 243-6552
SEARS/CBSD  (XXXXXXXXXXXX9823)
New balance: $52

Account opened: 4/1994
Description: Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reported Newly reported Account balance: $0 $52
You received this alert because this balance which was previously $0 increased to $52. You can change the settings for this kind of alert here.

How balance increases impact your score: A balance increase on an account may lower your FICO® score.

A large balance on an account, or balances on many accounts, can be a sign that you may be having trouble paying back debts. Since your FICO® score measures the chances that you will pay back a debt, larger balances or balances on more accounts can lower your score.

"Maxing out" a credit card or other line of credit is when the balance on the account comes close to the account's credit limit. This can dramatically lower your FICO® score because it is often a sign of a consumer who desperately needs credit and may not be able to pay it back.

The drop in your FICO® score caused by a balance increase can be reversed by paying down the balance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just dont get it

Usually a credit card company only reports once per month. Therefore the day they report the balance on the card is what gets reported. So that is why they are different on your report than what you really owe. Scorewatch checks for changes in score once a week so they could have been reported anywhere in the last 6 days and it just caught them today. So those balances will remain until they report again next month. On FICO scoring IN GENERAL the higher your balances the lower your score and vice versa.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.