Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on score due to 10 day late payment on Barclays credit card

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Impact on score due to 10 day late payment on Barclays credit card

I forgot to pay a small amount on my Barclays Uber Card ($40ish), 10 days past due. Just Realized too late that I paid all other cards this month but somehow missed this one as I was handling a medical situation with a family member during the time when I usually take care of all payments.

I just paid it but wondering what kinda impact it'll have on my credit score and if there's any step I shoudl take to avoid a negative impact from this mess up? My cred score is 800+ with over 9 cards from all major banks (chase, citi, Wells Fargo, capital one, barclays) etc. Never missed a payment before.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Impact on score due to 10 day late payment on Barclays credit card

Unless it was 30 dats late, it will 

not impact your score and they won't report it . However they  could do AA or internally not grant any credit line increases in the near future .

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 2 of 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

There should be no impact to your credit scores unless you were 30 days late, as in you paid on the 31st day after the due date.

Message 3 of 5
FlaDude
Valued Contributor

As the other posters mentioned, if you haven't hit 30 days, you're fine from a score perspective, you might still owe a late fee or have your interest rate bumped up.

Going forward, consider setting up autopay on all accounts for at least the mininum. Hopefully it will never happen, but if something does and you can't attend to finances for a few weeks, that could help avoid a real mess.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 5
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@NaaryalHead wrote:

I forgot to pay a small amount on my Barclays Uber Card ($40ish), 10 days past due. Just Realized too late that I paid all other cards this month but somehow missed this one as I was handling a medical situation with a family member during the time when I usually take care of all payments.

I just paid it but wondering what kinda impact it'll have on my credit score and if there's any step I shoudl take to avoid a negative impact from this mess up? My cred score is 800+ with over 9 cards from all major banks (chase, citi, Wells Fargo, capital one, barclays) etc. Never missed a payment before.

No impact on score as under 30 day lates are never reported. No steps need to be taken beyond the payment.

The unresolved issue is what will you do to avoid a late in the future. Most recommend autopay of the minimum due as a stop gap.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.