Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improving mortgage scores

Just curious if there is any pointers on getting my mortgage scores up. I've been working on them for 3 months, in that the I've got 8 collections removed and a few paid off. Fico 8 has seen 50 points across the board, but mortgage scores have raised 50,30 and -13. A bit confused as to why one fell, but nothing in this stuff makes sense to me lol.

Is time and more collections falling off my only hope?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Improving mortgage scores

I've got one mortgage score that is lagging ~70 points below my FICO8. It seems that, at least for me, my mortgage scores are very sensitive to the number of credit accounts with balances. I am going to try to get that down and see where it puts me the next time I'm able to pull my mortgage scores. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious if there is any pointers on getting my mortgage scores up. I've been working on them for 3 months, in that the I've got 8 collections removed and a few paid off. Fico 8 has seen 50 points across the board, but mortgage scores have raised 50,30 and -13. A bit confused as to why one fell, but nothing in this stuff makes sense to me lol.

Yes, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you're doing good things and moving in the right direction.

You should continue doing those things.

Other things you might try:

1. optimizing your credit card utilization and

2. optimizing installment loan utilization

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, the more you get the negatives off and allow positive accounts to report, the score will rise. Unless a lot of big things all happen at once, the score usually doesn't jump quickly. It's a timely process.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i guess i just sit back and wait then!! i'm just really confused as to why ex dropped 13 points when the other 2 raised 50 and 30. if it wasn't for that, my middle score would be good enough for FHA. I dont even understand how that could be possible lol. i'm doing everything right, getting collections deleted, paying a few that wouldn't pfd and was reporting balances each month, cc uti under 7%. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.