Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive account becomes active

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inactive account becomes active

I just got an email that information on my report had changed, the alert says:

"An account that has been inactive for more than 13 months has become recently active" accompanied by +14 on my EQ

I quickly went to check to make sure it wasn't fraud since the card in question is deep in the drawer and wasn't planning on using it again, and there is no balance. I did request a CLI but that was Feb 9 and the new limit had already been reported on all 3 with no score change.

On the other hand my scores have stalled for the past couple of months without change in either direction, the last score change before this was in Dec after I paid off a balance and was actually negative -4 so go figure. Since then I've only let one card report 1%, then I moved up to 3% with no change...

Should I keep increasing Util until I get a reaction?

Message 31 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica

I don't think reporting a positive balance and being reported as inactive are synonymous. I've had plenty of accounts which never report a positive balance but which are not reported as inactive.

But, are you using those accounts and thus making payments?  If so, the date of last payment is getting updated and therefore it can be seen that the account is indeed active.

Exactly.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousSince then I've only let one card report 1%, then I moved up to 3% with no change...

What reaction are you looking for?  If you're at AZEO with your 1 reported balance being at 1%-3% of your credit limit on that card, also meaning that you're at 1%-3% aggregate utilization, you're already in the best place you can be with respect to FICO scoring and utilization.  Raising your AZEO card utilization or aggregate utilization slightly will likely do nothing, where raising it too much would result in a score drop, not a gain.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousSince then I've only let one card report 1%, then I moved up to 3% with no change...

What reaction are you looking for?  If you're at AZEO with your 1 reported balance being at 1%-3% of your credit limit on that card, also meaning that you're at 1%-3% aggregate utilization, you're already in the best place you can be with respect to FICO scoring and utilization.  Raising your AZEO card utilization or aggregate utilization slightly will likely do nothing, where raising it too much would result in a score drop, not a gain.

Well I agree that many times people will start messing around with their credit instead of letting it run its natural course, actually doing more harm than good.

In this case I'm asking because I've been at AZEO for 2-3 months with no change to my score and all of a sudden I get a +14 for something completely random, so I'm thinking my file could benefit from some "tweaking" and I'm just trying to find out what those are

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 99% of cases, if you're at AZEO (with 1 card reporting a small balance) you're in the best possible place you can be with respect to scoring regarding the utilization sector of the FICO pie.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.