Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Loan Closed, A Large Drop In FICO Scores

tag
jeffeverde
New Contributor

Re: Installment Loan Closed, A Large Drop In FICO Scores

@Revelate wrote:
<snip>Best recommendation I have for anyone in such a situation: park $250 or whatever in a DCU account (or $500 for their 3% savings account APR offer they've got going on) and see if you can open up a 10 year secured note which they suggest they offer against it and simply autopay and forget it.  

I've never had an installment loan (cash rich, credit poor).  So, following your advice, I parked $500 at Navy to secure a personal loan.  But for a $500 loan, the longest Navy will go is a 6-month term.

Will DCU do longer terms on small secured loans?  Having to flip the loan every 6 months will be a nuisance - and I hadn't even considered AAoA -- do installement loans count towards that?

Message 21 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Installment Loan Closed, A Large Drop In FICO Scores

Jeffeverde wrote:
I've never had an installment loan (cash rich, credit poor). So, following your advice, I parked $500 at Navy to secure a personal loan. But for a $500 loan, the longest Navy will go is a 6-month term.

Will DCU do longer terms on small secured loans? Having to flip the loan every 6 months will be a nuisance - and I hadn't even considered AAoA -- do installement loans count towards that?

Yes it counts towards AA of A but man I can't believe this. I also had secured for 6 months. 500. my score dropped 40 points the day it closed. don't want to just waste there. plus cu will do hard pull.
don't know what to do now.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.