cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Equifax always slower than EX and TU?

tag
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Is Equifax always slower than EX and TU?

Seems like they are constantly behind the other 2...just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this?

I was recently added (about a month ago) as an AU and my score jumped 8 pts on EX and 15 pts on TU....was waiting for another nice jump on EQ...but they seem to be dragging their feet.

<Mod edit/note:  I've made slight edits to keep your post from veering too far off-topic.  --UB>

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Equifax always slower than EX and TU?

I wouldn't say so.  I think just as many people post that either TU or EQ are their dog, so it really seems to be profile-specific.

Message 2 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@BBS very true. I've seen it spread out between the 3 depending on who the person is, situation, and so on. Lol for me, it is always a matter of me being impatient.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

TU is by far always the slowest to report/update for me.  Ex is typically the quickest, then EQ, and sometimes up to a week later it is TU.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Ex is my slowest

TU is my fastest

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you see, of the people on this thread willing to say which bureau is always slowest, 1/3 vote for TU, 1/3 for EX, and 1/3 for EQ.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you see, of the people on this thread willing to say which bureau is always slowest, 1/3 vote for TU, 1/3 for EX, and 1/3 for EQ.

Exactly, as expected.

Perception is always reality for the individual.  If a certain bureau is the slowest for a specific person, their perception is that this bureau is then the slowest for everyone.  The fact of the matter though is that 2/3 (the majority) of the population will actually disagree with this individual.

Message 7 of 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Ex is my slowest

TU is my fastest

I am surprised to see that TU is your fastest!  They are literally always my slowest, by a pretty good margin!   Smiley Happy 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 12
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Guess it is true...different for everyone....EX has now updated 2 times in a week...EQ has not updated since 10/11...very strange.....hopefully it will refresh soon...TU is pretty fast for me as well.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me - EX is the pokey one.    I recently paid a bunch of cc's off/down - EQ is the only score moving by any major amount (20+)....TU moved a point or 2 - and EX hasn't moved since last summer! LOL  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.