cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Equifax score different than my fico-equifax score?

tag
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Is Equifax score different than my fico-equifax score?

It depends on what you mean.

The EQ score purchased here is a EQ Fico score (Beacon 5.0).

On the EQ website, they sell multiple scores (most FAKOs that aren't correct), but you can get your EQ Fico from them as well. If you purchase the FICO score from the EQ website, it will match what is pulled here on myFico (both beacon 5.0).

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@cdtotten wrote:

On the EQ website, they sell multiple scores (most FAKOs that aren't correct), but you can get your EQ Fico from them as well. If you purchase the FICO score from the EQ website, it will match what is pulled here on myFico (both beacon 5.0).

I agree with what cdtotten has said. I will add that EQ started selling their own "Equifax Credit Score" a few months ago but this is not your EQ FICO score. Just be very careful and read the fine print carefully at their site before buying anything.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@cdtotten wrote:

I agree with what cdtotten has said. I will add that EQ started selling their own "Equifax Credit Score" a few months ago but this is not your EQ FICO score. Just be very careful and read the fine print carefully at their site before buying anything.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I read often that EQ makes it very hard to locate your FICO score on their site, but I don't understand that.  Perhaps they haven't always done so, but if you click on the Equifax Products tab from their home page, it pretty clearly indicates that ScoreWatch gives a FICO score, and on the Single Use products, it identifies a Score Power report with FICO score.  They even have a chart comparing the different products with a line for FICO and checkmarks under the products that offer FICO scores.  Seems pretty upfront, although admittedly they don't go out of the way to say that the other scores aren't FICO scores.  That's included at the bottom of the page.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

I read often that EQ makes it very hard to locate your FICO score on their site, but I don't understand that.  Perhaps they haven't always done so, but if you click on the Equifax Products tab from their home page, it pretty clearly indicates that ScoreWatch gives a FICO score, and on the Single Use products, it identifies a Score Power report with FICO score.  They even have a chart comparing the different products with a line for FICO and checkmarks under the products that offer FICO scores.  Seems pretty upfront, although admittedly they don't go out of the way to say that the other scores aren't FICO scores.  That's included at the bottom of the page.

It does seem as if it's easier to find than it was not that long ago. I think I need to edit my bookmark to remove the "very hard to find" comment.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.