Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is This Normal?

For 29 months now I've had two secured cards open and my payments have been perfect and my debt-to-credit ratio is pristine. Been using credit karma for a long time but earlier this month decided to pull fico scores because I think I may be applying for a mortgage sometime within the next few months or so. Pulled my Equifax on 10/2 and just pulled my Transunion and I'm shocked at the difference:

Besides the substantial gap of nearly 60 points, I'm also very surprised at what myfico tells me when I look deeper. It tells me on BOTH scores that they are both just slightly below average. In fact, the entire description of both scores is identical. By the way, nothing major occured in the 22 days between pulling these two scores. One of my two very small credit card billing cycles closed and reported with a $2.00 increase but that's it. 

Two Questions:

1) Is this normal?

2) How can myfico be giving me the exact same description of both credit scores with a 60 point gap? Both scores are "good" on the speedometer graphic (on the bottom of every page) and both descriptions of the score state they are slightly below average.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is This Normal?

There seems to be about 3 weeks between the 2.  Has anything fallen off your CRs in that time.  Is there different reporting between the two?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

What kind of lates, baddies, charge offs, collections do you have? Do you have any judgments?  There is/are some distinct differences we do not see here, all of which are scored / handled differently between the two companies.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to the above...

And I'll add that even if all 3 reports were EXACTLY alike, which must include the same balances, same accts, same dates, same inquiries, same everything, all 3 FICO scores will not match because the 3 formulas are not the same.

Definitely worth a review though. Even seemingly small things like an acct on one and not the other, different balances, different dates, different stati, can all produce large point differences.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.