cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something wrong with TU's Score-Simulator?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Is there something wrong with TU's Score-Simulator?

CS800 - The Sims here on myfico.com give you a 40-point range of where your score will fall if you do X. So when you say the Sims are 15-20 points higher than the real outcome, do you mean that the middle of the range, the bottom of the range, etc??

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 11 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

MB:

Everytime I have used the sim after I know something was being paid, it was either 15 or 20 points higer in the sim

Example:

Paying down some BOA cards and my score was 580, sim said if I paid that amount, my score would be between 593 and 643. The outcome was my score jumped to 623. That was for EQ

Message 12 of 21
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

So essentially, your outcomes have always come out right in the middle of the range? My TU score is saying that if I paid a certain amount, which I paid yesterday, my score would increase to between 620-660. I need it to be 640 so I soooo hope I see the same results as you!!

Message 13 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

In my case its generally a 20 points on EQ but the latest one says I will be between 633 and 673.

I'm currently at 623. SO i'm thinking I will be at 653 for my EQ

Are you tryng to get a mortgage? that's why you said you want to be at 640?

Message 14 of 21
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Well, I'm just trying to get a mortgage pre-approval letter so the builder will start building our house! The house takes 7-8 months, so I have PLENTY of time to get my scores up much more for closing (and I still have a good chunk of util % to work on), but I just need to be rihgt at 640 for the pre-approval letter!

Message 15 of 21
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@MBOhio2 wrote:

That is very bizarre... I hate to dash your hopes, but unless something MAJOR is due to fall off in the next month, that has to be an error because paying bills on time simply cannot cause a jump that high.

Those hopes never existed - and that's why I opened this thread. What the simulator is showing simply can't and won't happen - and that is a fact I never experienced before.Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 21
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

You are much more realistic than me then, haha... I would be secretly hoping that somehow it was accurate Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm an optimist by nature so my TU sim for example says if I pay my bills ontime for the next 6 months I will be between 679-709 by December 2011.

and if I pay my bills on time for 12 months, my TU will be betwee, 689-729 I believe. So if all works right, this time next year, I will be ready to try to app for an AMEX or even a PSECU credit card.

Lets hope

Message 18 of 21
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

About 5 mins ago, I received a SW alert that my EQ went from 610 to 622... getting closer!

Message 19 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !! Were you expecting that raise ?

18 more points to go.

About a year more me until i apply for a mortgage.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.