cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Differences From Fico Reports and All Other Credit Bureaus Reports?

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Issues With Differences From Fico Reports and All Other Credit Bureaus Reports?

@gps150 wrote:

Thank you very much for this advice and input. I do appreciate it, and I understand what you're saying. That is encouraging, but my concern at this point isn't so much the content of the report, but the impact on my FICO 5 mortgage score. My equifax report may be clean and that will be what the lender will see, but that negative FICO notation is suppressing my FICO score. And they also see that, and it is just below where I need it to be because of this. I also did not mean to hijack the thread, but OP did specifically ask whether anyone else has had a similar experience. Again, thank you!

What negative FICO notation? If you're again referring to your MyFICO report saying something about being negative, again, you can safely ignore it. If your report is clean, it can't possibly have a "negative FICO notation."

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 12
gps150

Re: Issues With Differences From Fico Reports and All Other Credit Bureaus Reports?

I think I have finally figured out what's going on. Now the question is how to fix it. So I had previously worked with the original lender to get the account reporting as a good account. For Transunion and Experian, this happened and took effect in short order. For Equifax, it appeared to have happened. But it was still being marked as a negative account somehow. So I went in and thoroughly examined my accounts on my Equifax bureau report. This account in question was an auto loan, and it looked clean, but then I compared it to my other auto loan account which I know is clean. There is a small, tiny difference. My other auto loan account, next to the "Charge Off Amount" line says nothing, it is blank. This account in question, it says $0. So it's like it's being reported as a charge off in the amount of $0. It was once being reported as a charge off, which I worked with the lender to remove. So it got removed from Transunion and Experian, but it looks like someone at Equifax, instead of removing it, deleted out the balance and put 0. But it's still counting as a charge off. It has to be on Equifax's end because I learned through the lender that they report a single sheet that is given to all bureaus. They don't report separately. And the other bureaus have it right. So it's like I need to dispute this with Equifax but not the original lender. Any ideas?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.