Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment being removed

tag
chrissy122g
Valued Member

Judgment being removed

I had a credit card judgment placed on me back in 2003 due to a nasty divorce...well I paid it in  full (no settlement) now the bank has agreed to remove it from my file.they said it will take 30-45 days for it to be removed.....does anyone have any idea how much impact (if any) it will have on my score?
 Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Bop
Valued Member

Re: Judgment being removed

I had a judgment on my CR , which dropped out after 7 and half years. Unfortunately I didn’t get any point in FICO. That is my experience, others might have better experience than I  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, a judgement if a fatal baddie, just as foreclosure, BK, and collection.

Getting it removed will definitely improve your scores. How much is anyone's guess, as it depends on what other things are on your CR.

Congratulations! Your CR will look so good with it not being on there. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Chrissy, congractulations on getting the judgement removed. Make sure they completely remove it instead of marking as paid or satisfied. You'll see a big gain in score if you dont have other major derogs. I got 2 judgements removed and fighing with CRA to remove the thirdone. I even sent a court certified letter to CRA and it is not removed yet. Good luck with your scores and congractulations in getting the judgement removed.
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

chrissy122g wrote:
I had a credit card judgment placed on me back in 2003 due to a nasty divorce...well I paid it in  full (no settlement) now the bank has agreed to remove it from my file.they said it will take 30-45 days for it to be removed.....does anyone have any idea how much impact (if any) it will have on my score?
 Thanks

Do you have any other judgments, COs, collections or other public records?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.