cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of Credit History - Great on TU (Positive Factor), Very Good on EQ (NEGATIVE FACTOR)

tag
Crazy8s
Valued Member

Length of Credit History - Great on TU (Positive Factor), Very Good on EQ (NEGATIVE FACTOR)

Hello Everyone,

New to this site, I've been reading and trying to understand the intricacies of FICO scoring and credit reports. I've learned a lot, but still have a lot of questions. 

One issue, primarily, is confusing me.

I pulled my EQ and TU reports from MyFico. TU reports my length of credit history as "Great", being 26 years, 1 month with AAoA 10 yrs. It is on the "positive" side of factors influencing my FICO score. ON THE OTHER HAND, EQ REPORTS MY LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY AS " VERY GOOD", being 27 years, 11 months with AAoA 10 years. HOWEVER, IT IS ON THE "NEGATIVE" SIDE OF FACTORS influencing my score, stating "YOU HAVE A SHORT CREDIT HISTORY"

My EQ score is considerably lower than my TU score. 

I know this is not the only factor contributing to the difference in scores, but maybe the good folks here can explain if it is truly hurting my score (as EQ says it is), by how much, and what I can and / or should do about it?

Thank you for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Length of Credit History - Great on TU (Positive Factor), Very Good on EQ (NEGATIVE FACTOR)

When the FICO algorithm sees your age of accounts and your AAoA, it will be a hard number.

CR comments dont affect the numbers.

Those "affecting your credit" comments are often subjective and contradictory.  I would just ignore the comment.

Message 2 of 3
Crazy8s
Valued Member

Re: Length of Credit History - Great on TU (Positive Factor), Very Good on EQ (NEGATIVE FACTOR)

Thank you. Can now focus on the things truly affecting my score. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.