cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 32 pts CC reported zero balance HOW DO I RECOVER?? Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost 32 pts CC reported zero balance HOW DO I RECOVER?? Please help!

If I'm reading OP correctly, this is not an ALL ZERO situation since Discover still has $166, you can report as many zero balances as you want as long as at least one of your cards shows a balance.

Ok just re-read and see that Discover is an AU, I guess this confirms AUs can't be used as "except one".

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost 32 pts CC reported zero balance HOW DO I RECOVER?? Please help!

@Anonymous

Ok just re-read and see that Discover is an AU, I guess this confirms AUs can't be used as "except one".

Agreed.  The OP will want to report a small balance on his Amex or NFCU cards.

OP, definitely get a swipe in every 4-6 months (at least) on the NFCU card to ensure that it doesn't get closed down.

As far as your score drop, any score change that happens as a result of a utilization change will be exactly reversed if the utilization change is exactly reversed.

Basically, if Card X has a balance change of +$1000 and it results in a score loss of Y, taking Card X -$1000 back to it's original point and having that report would result in a score gain of Y.  Any variance in Y here simply means that another factor or factors outside of that $1000 balance were at play.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.