Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 6-8 pts After Discover (AU) Reports $0 Balance

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Lost 6-8 pts After Discover (AU) Reports $0 Balance

I don't understand.  I lost 6 Experian pts and 8 TU pts.  I am only an AU on this card and this isn't my only card (I also have my own Discover card).  Nothing else has changed on my profile.  What gives?!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Lost 6-8 pts After Discover Reports $0 Balance

@Elizabeth_FICO  wrote:

Elizabeth Warren, Senior Product Manager at myFICO: The FICO® Score measures how well you manage your debt. If you don’t have any debt, the algorithm doesn’t have any data about how well you manage your debt. Think of it like being a fast runner. You may be a very fast runner but if you’ve never run any races it would be hard for anyone else to know that you are a fast runner.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/We-re-Tom-Quinn-amp-Tommy-Lee-FICO-Score...

Message 2 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

I don't understand.  I lost 6 Experian pts and 8 TU pts.  I am only an AU on this card and this isn't my only card (I also have my own Discover card).  Nothing else has changed on my profile.  What gives?!

Insufficient data provided. Are you reporting any balance on your primary account or AU accounts?

I would recommend reading the below from Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

Message 3 of 20
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

Insufficient data provided. Are you reporting any balance on your primary account or AU accounts?

I would recommend reading the below from Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

Yes.  Have balance on my own Discover card as well as other CCs.

Message 4 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Have we established that these are "FICO" scores??

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So keep a balance even on AMEX cards...and what about for first reportings??

Message 6 of 20
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Yes they are FICO scores and what do you mean by "keep balance on Am Ex card and first reportings"?  

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gladius there is also an "all zero" penalty for having $0 balance on all AU cards. Let a small balance report on the AU card.

Message 8 of 20
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

I am AU on another account (USAA Visa) with a balance.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gladius there is also an "all zero" penalty for having $0 balance on all AU cards. Let a small balance report on the AU card.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure then @Gladius not enough info.

If possible, comb through thorough credit report from before and after (like annual credit report or straight through TU (same as ACR)). Check if something aged off, if ages changed for accounts, average age, etc, inquiries, etc., or if aggregate utilization or raw dolloars owed crossed a threshold. Really a lot of possibilities.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.