Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Util and Score Drop

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Lower Util and Score Drop

Lowered my Disco Util from 38% to 7.5% and EX mortgage score DROPPED 11 points !  No other alerts or updates.  Credit cards are all AZEO...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Lower Util and Score Drop

You too 11 points, wow. Several others including myself saw the same thing. There is another thread talking about it. Something is going on.

@800goal800 wrote:

Lowered my Disco Util from 38% to 7.5% and EX mortgage score DROPPED 11 points !  No other alerts or updates.  Credit cards are all AZEO...

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800goal800 wrote:

There's so many things that can cause this. Lowering balances definitely will not lower EX2. It loves low balances and lower number of cards reporting a balance, no matter how small those individual balances are.

I lost -22pts on EX2 just from aging: 1yr 11mo to 2yr 0mo, and paid down my cards to report exactly the same as the month before, because I wanted to isolate score changes.

Dropping an installment loan, inquiries, aging to a number of various thresholds on oldest account, new account being reported, an old account with a new update....lots of things can lower EX2 besides utilization.

Message 3 of 18
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The weird thing is that yesterday several of us reported losing the same 11 points on the EX mortgage score.

Message 4 of 18
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s the credit limit on the Discover card please? Aging Metrics also please
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Source for your score as well please
Message 7 of 18
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

$2k limit and balance is now 150.  Approx 16 months old.  Score from Experian site.  

Message 8 of 18
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I can tell you mine. But my discover card reported on the 10th. I took mine from 45 util to zero. Saw no score change. Card was opened Jan 2018.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800goal800 wrote:

$2k limit and balance is now 150.  Approx 16 months old.  Score from Experian site.  

@800goal800 OK do you have any derogatories on file? Number of accounts on your credit report? Age of your oldest account? Is it a revolver or a loan? If it's a loan, what's the age of your oldest Revolver? What's the age of your youngest Revolver? What's the age of youngest account?

do you have the before and after negative Reason Codes Please?

Regardless of notifications and alerts were there any other changes or expected changes?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.