Did you mean: 

My Credit Journey (snapshot) - Road to 800

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Credit Journey (snapshot) - Road to 800

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Update as of January 5th:

My Discover statement cut with a card utilization of 6% and an overall utilization of ~1%, which has allowed 1 balance to report on my revolving tradelines.

FICO Score went from 774 to 786!

That's great!

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 11 of 23
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Update as of 10 May 2014:

Experian FICO: 785 (pulled from MyFICO; EX08)

Equifax FICO: 785 (ScoreWatch directly from Equifax; EQ04)

Transunion FICO: 808 (Latest statement Score via Discover IT; TU08)

Let one card report a 20% utilization while overall utilization is at 4%.  All other cards at $0.

Message 12 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

Out of curiosity, how did your Score Watch score change when they switched the scoring model? 

Message 13 of 23
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Out of curiosity, how did your Score Watch score change when they switched the scoring model? 

That is a good question! Honestly though, I use SW directly through Equifax.com, as the price is only $69.95/year (for me).  But since I just picked up DCU, I am probably going to cancel SW because they both are the 04 edition and DCU is free Smiley Happy 

I really haven't felt like spending the $ here just to pull the single report (yet).

Message 14 of 23
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

While it was a fun journey building myself to an 800 member, it looks like I wont be seeing that again for a good 7 years.  Now I am documenting the fall with a foreclosure -> http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/From-800-to-Foreclosure-How-Negatives-Eff...

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

While it was a fun journey building myself to an 800 member, it looks like I wont be seeing that again for a good 7 years.  Now I am documenting the fall with a foreclosure -> http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/From-800-to-Foreclosure-How-Negatives-Eff...

It's okay JagerBombs89. Once everything is finalized, you can create a new thread. I look forward to reading it! Good luck!!!

Message 16 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Can I get to 650 by the end of the year?

Split off to start a new thread in General Credit Topics titled "Can I get to 650 by the end of the year?"

Message 17 of 23
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Well, I decided to search through some of my older threads to look up scores and dug up the following information, which has been added to my first post for education purposes:

Found an older thread where my stats were:

FICO Score: 667 -> 705 after dropping utilization from 31% to 10%

Oldest Account: 2.5 years

AAoA: 1.2 years

Utilization: 10%

Found a different thread where my stats were:

FICO Score: Equfiax 04 - 755 (last scorewatch - 10/30/2011)

Oldest Account: 4 years

AAoA: 2 years

EQ Inquiries: 1 for auto loan back in August. ( I believe NFCU pulls EQ for cards )

Highest Individual Utilization: 26%

Overall Utilization: 14% ( due to a few accounts closing for inactivity )

Message 18 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Well, I decided to search through some of my older threads to look up scores and dug up the following information, which has been added to my first post for education purposes:

EQ Inquiries: 1 for auto loan back in August. ( I believe NFCU pulls EQ for cards )

Grr, hate how Equifax 04 penalizes dirty files so harshly compared to both TU and EX.  Sound like I would've broken 760 on EQ for my mortgage several months ago without my issues, oh well Smiley Happy.

That'll be a pleasant increase in a couple years anyway, Beacon 5.0 has been my historical tracking score so now I know what to shoot for with my 01/01/18 goal, maybe a SWAG 10-20 points higher given my oldest account and AAOA will be substantially better and my utilization somewhat better as I pretty it up for my annual report.

        
Message 19 of 23
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Grr, hate how Equifax 04 penalizes dirty files so harshly compared to both TU and EX.  Sound like I would've broken 760 on EQ for my mortgage several months ago without my issues, oh well Smiley Happy.

That'll be a pleasant increase in a couple years anyway, Beacon 5.0 has been my historical tracking score so now I know what to shoot for with my 01/01/18 goal, maybe a SWAG 10-20 points higher given my oldest account and AAOA will be substantially better and my utilization somewhat better as I pretty it up for my annual report.

I find it interesting that I was only at 705 with 2.5 years credit history on EQ04 while people with the same history can be sitting around 760 on EQ08.  I had no negatives back then so I was really *competing* for a good score.  It seems those with thin files get a better starting score on '08

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.