Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Score went down suddenly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fico Score went down suddenly

Hi, 

I have been monitoring my Fico and only have seen it going up over the last few months. But just right now I notice all my scores have went down by 15 and 20 points out of nowhere! Nothing has changed on my end, except I have gotten a few CL increases (that are not refecting just yet). I did see an old debt from over 3 years ago is all of sudden reporting (I have not touched it). Also I find it strange that they are saying a $400 decrease on one of my accounts is taking one of my scores down by 15 points when in reality me paying things down usually brings up my score. BTW I didn't make a $400 payment on that account... Is anyone else experiencing really weird changes? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Score went down suddenly

Same here my transunion drop from 749 to 727 first say that -16 to for paying down on personal account the another -6 with no explanation. Please help what’s going on!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay off your only account reporting a balance so that all accounts are reporting $0 (All Zero), you will take a 15-20 point hit that you will recover when you report a balance to at least one of your accounts in the next cycle.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying. Yes I am aware of this, but that is not the case for me. It seems like there is no reason for the negative change as I have not paid off any debt to 0 and had not occurred more debt. :-(
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Mines said the same paying down $403 on a personal account, which I did not. So strange...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for replying. Yes I am aware of this, but that is not the case for me. It seems like there is no reason for the negative change as I have not paid off any debt to 0 and had not occurred more debt. :-(
Yeah my response was more for Sadin, wasn't quite sure what your situation was to be honest. You said an old debt reappeared, does that mean you now have a collection or is the account showing closed with $400 balance reporting? Both cases will give you a good ding.
Message 6 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

I have been monitoring my Fico and only have seen it going up over the last few months. But just right now I notice all my scores have went down by 15 and 20 points out of nowhere! Nothing has changed on my end, except I have gotten a few CL increases (that are not refecting just yet). I did see an old debt from over 3 years ago is all of sudden reporting (I have not touched it). Also I find it strange that they are saying a $400 decrease on one of my accounts is taking one of my scores down by 15 points when in reality me paying things down usually brings up my score. BTW I didn't make a $400 payment on that account... Is anyone else experiencing really weird changes? 

What are your scores?

Are there any lates anywhere in your credit past? Any collections?

When you say "old debt", what is this? an account closed 10 years ago that aged off, or something that was disputed or deleted?

The reason for the question is that scores don't change just because of the alert trigger. There is probably some other set of circumstances going on that is not an alert trigger, but they caught up when the alert came up.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.