cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New USAA Auto Loan just hit and no score drop!

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

My New USAA Auto Loan just hit and no score drop!

Traded in a vehicle and that loan (Capital One) hasn't been paid off yet, meanwhile the new auto loan with USAA just got reported to EX, which is my lowest score.  No drop in score! I cannot believe it! So right now it looks like I have 3 fairly hefty auto loans!  Will I take a hit once the Capital One auto loan is showed as being paid in full, or did I dodge a bullet?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: My New USAA Auto Loan just hit and no score drop!

My complete guess is that you will take a 15 point drop.  This is based on constantly seeing point drops when people pay off car loans, even when they other consumer installment loans reporting.

Please do update this thread when you get the results; I would love to know the outcome.

Message 2 of 5
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

My complete guess is that you will take a 15 point drop.  This is based on constantly seeing point drops when people pay off car loans, even when they other consumer installment loans reporting.

Please do update this thread when you get the results; I would love to know the outcome.

Will do for sure!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian score just dropped 15 points today.

My TFS loan just showed closed today.  

The new Honda Financial loan posted a few days earlier 

Message 4 of 5
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

The dealership has yet to pay off my Capital One auto loan so I still have a ways to go before it reports as paid.  Not sure how long Cap1 takes once it is PIF.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.