Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico vs Credit Check Total

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Myfico vs Credit Check Total

You can tell how up to date you are by looking at reports. As an example, it's pretty easy to know if your recent AMEX payment is included or not. Because myFICO provides score updates without generating a new report, you have to rely on the alert and maybe look at your report via another service. And you have to realize that the score change may or may not be tied to the alert.

My biggest annoyance with WalletHub is its use of relative dates (today, yesterday, six days ago, etc.). To top it off, it always says that information was last updated "today." Relative dates have their time and place, but they can't be used for everything. I'd submit that something like a credit reporting service should probably rely completely on calendar dating.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point on WH and how they state when the data was last updated.  "Earlier today" isn't concrete enough for me.  I almost always do my CCT pulls late in the day rather than mid-day because I know if an update happened during the day it will be reflected in my pull, not possibly missed.  It would be nice if there were time stamps on those things for sure.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I never thought of that. I do CCT at 5am and then some days I get an alert later with a new score but same CR on EX.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.