Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU inquiry on TU

tag
lolabeth
Established Member

NFCU inquiry on TU

Hi guys, a question. I joined Navy Federal last week. They immediately did a hard inquiry on TU and a soft on EQ. However, when I check my TU here, one of the good things on my report is (still) that I have 0 recent inquiries counting against me. The NFCU inquiry does show up on that report.

Does that mean that the NFCU inquiry on TU is coded so that it doesn't count as seeking credit? I was wondering about this before I joined, and now I'm even more inquisitive.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU inquiry on TU

I dunno. If ever curious, I'd pull the TU from here again in a couple of weeks (or whenever) and see if it counts then. Maybe they coded it is as a mortgage or car inquiry. That would delay the FICO impact by 14 days on the TU FICO version on here (TU98). Just guessing. Or you can pull the TU report from transunion.com or annualcreditreport and look under the permissible purpose column to see how they coded it.

Message 2 of 3
lolabeth
Established Member

Re: NFCU inquiry on TU

@llecs thanks for the reply. maybe you're right. I noticed that tu didn't increase from lower utility, which happened the same week as the inquiry, so I assumed I'd already taken a score hit from the inquiry and that had negated the few points I'd normally have gotten from the lower utility.

It isn't a big deal, but I was just wondering if someone knew.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.