Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest Scores- MyFico & Equifax.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newest Scores- MyFico & Equifax.com

Just registered for this site and did the free 10 day FICO Equifax trial and paid for the Transunion 

Scores as followed- 

Transunion-745

Equifax- 757

What I dont understand is why my FICO Equifax would be 757 and my Equifax.com report reads 727!

Bit strange to me but this is all fairly new to me. Can anyone explain? lol Thanks to all! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newest Scores- MyFico & Equifax.com

By the way, I fudged up when registering for the monitoring accounts and accidentally made a new forum account. This is me... Need to get this fixed

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just registered for this site and did the free 10 day FICO Equifax trial and paid for the Transunion 

Scores as followed- 

Transunion-745

Equifax- 757

What I dont understand is why my FICO Equifax would be 757 and my Equifax.com report reads 727!

Bit strange to me but this is all fairly new to me. Can anyone explain? lol Thanks to all! 

You are very likely comparing a FICO EQ score with the Equifax Credit Score which is a FAKO score.

Equifax sells their Equifax Credit Score and they also offer a FICO score from their website.   If the score you bought from them doesn't explicitly say that it is a FICO score then it's a FAKO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Equifax.Com doesnt actually give me an Equifax score its a Fake? 

How does a company other than equifax (myFico) give me a more acurate equifax score? 

Anyhow, how do these scores compare?

Was thinking about applying for Chase Freedom Mastercard and Zync Amex

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So Equifax.Com doesnt actually give me an Equifax score its a Fake? 

How does a company other than equifax (myFico) give me a more acurate equifax score? 

Anyhow, how do these scores compare?

Was thinking about applying for Chase Freedom Mastercard and Zync Amex

Take a look at the credit scoring101 thread in this sticky thread:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

The Equifax website sells both an EQ FAKO and a FICO score.   MyFICO sells EQ and TU FICO scores.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.