cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest account 6 years scorecard reassignment?

tag
Arian7798
Established Member

Oldest account 6 years scorecard reassignment?

Hello Everyone, 

I get my new scores on first day of each month, when I got my score for May I noticed on Experian and Equifax I went down 15 points. 

The only thing that changed was my oldest account hit 6 years old on those two. 

on Transunion I had an AU that hit 6 years a few months ago and I noticed the same drop in it but now its back up and higher. 

I was wondering if there is a known scorecard reassignment when oldest acct hits 6 years

I have a single 30d from Sep 2019

1% Utilization

Avg Age 3 yrs 8 months 

2 new revolvers past 12 months 

3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Oldest account 6 years scorecard reassignment?

@Arian7798 wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

I get my new scores on first day of each month, when I got my score for May I noticed on Experian and Equifax I went down 15 points. 

on Transunion I had an AU that hit 6 years a few months ago and I noticed the same drop in it but now its back up and higher. 

I was wondering if there is a known scorecard reassignment when oldest acct hits 6 years

1% Utilization

Avg Age 3 yrs 8 months 

It's a great question.  I wish I knew the answer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The scorecard buckets go from one level to the next but in some instances may overlap plus or minus by 30 points.  Each bucket has its own minimum and maximum score that can be achieved while in that bucket. You might be right on the edge of coming out of one bucket to the next. This is a good thing because now you are with a new group of people. There may be others in this group that have older late payments than yours so even though you’re in a different bucket, you are now at the lower end of that higher scorecard bucket. Your score may have decreased several points yes. I'm stuck in the lowest bucket with a BK. The worst. Probably why BK'er see a huge gain in scores when the BK falls off. Can it be nailed down what occurred in your case? Probably not. If we all knew what makes FICO tick as a whole. It would be boring cause we'd all have the answers. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Arian7798 wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

1% Utilization

Avg Age 3 yrs 8 months 

Here's a thread where that very question is discussed:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Increased-AoOA-Score-Drops-DPs/m-p/54880...

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.