cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once inquiries fall off, will you see a score change of any?

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Once inquiries fall off, will you see a score change of any?

Just kinda wondered...I have 3 that will be falling off in the next 2-3 mos. and wondered if it changes your score any or not. Thanks!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Once inquiries fall off, will you see a score change of any?

Hi RW,

This one is totally a YMMV thang.  I've had inquiries drop off with no impact on score, and then again, I've had inquiries drop off and seen a small score bump.

It really depends on what else is on your reports.  

Typically a new account aging will have a more significant impact on scores.

Keep us posted and let us know what you see - remembering that FICO is complex and there are many changes occuring with your CR's and the FICO algorithms at any given point.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Once inquiries fall off, will you see a score change of any?

IME, there was no score impact, but then again a large majority of my inquiries never resulted in a drop to begin with.

I'll throw out there that if you are wanting to know the exact change, if any, you'd need to time your FICO report pulls around the day the inquiry drops. Like I said, I've seen no increases as the inquiry hits a year old, but I have seen sizable increases as the new account associated with the inquiry hits a year old. It's always possible to see 2 different increases.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.