Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing the FICO game, about my oldest accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Playing the FICO game, about my oldest accounts

This is off topic, but they were my hassle-rich credit card. I was a young fool and they suffered my late fees in college. I paid for it for seven years, and hoped we could move on together.

Yet, the better my score got, the higher the interest rate on my card went. Finally when an annual fee got tacked on to my card, I decided we had grown apart. I gave them several chances, I called them three times in the 8 months after I got my 3% rewards, 9.9% interest, no annual fee card, but they weren't able to move forward. My interest rate remained high despite promises it would go down next cycle. My annual fee remained, although I was assured every time I called that it would be removed next cycle.

The month before my annual fee came up, I gave them one last chance. After being on the phone for 3.5 hours (thank goodness for speakerphone) and five transfers later, I terminated the relationship. I got lots of offers, which included offers of hard pulls of my credit to upgrade my card to "reflect my priveleged status with capone" . I couldn't get the fee waived.

It sure feels great to be the dumper! (but in hindsight maybe I should have paid the annual fee every year to keep the long account history... but I think I'll be okay as long as the loans keep getting reported for a few years)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Message 11 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Again, that capone account will remain on your reports for UP TO 10 years after closing. Fed SLs seem to be the exception, which don't seem to be affected by CRTP, good or bad.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ByrdMan. I got it now.. I'm good for 10! (and shall stop worrying. Smiley Wink)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.