Did you mean: 

Please Help!!! Mortgage Scores

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Please Help!!! Mortgage Scores

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

The advice was accurate. It was before I had any credit. He gave me advice on how to go about getting a credit score so that down the road I would be able to get a mortgage.

However, the truth is that I resent the advice I got, because he also was advising me affirmatively to go do it... get credit so that I could qualify for a mortgage some day. I look back on that day as a day that I fell off a cliff.  It was actually the worst day of my life, because it was the worst mistake I ever made. I was much happier before I began to owe money. I wish I had disregarded his advice, and stayed debt-free.

But did you ever get a mortgage, or do you plan to?  Had you not taken his advice, wouldn't you to this day have no credit/score and thus not be able to apply for a mortgage?  I get what you're saying, but I sort of feel that it's a necessary evil, no?

Yes I followed his advice, got mortgages, etc, and got lots and lots of heartache and anxiety.

No I don't think it's a necessary evil.

Anything you can do with a credit card you can do with a debit card.

And anything you don't have the money to buy you can save for.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help!!! Mortgage Scores

@SouthJamaica wrote:

And anything you don't have the money to buy you can save for.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to suggest that people would buy a house with cash (generally speaking).  That said, a mortgage for most people [that want to buy a house] is a necessity, therefore credit is a necessity, or a necessary evil as I put it.  Can it be done without credit?  Sure, but not very easily and those would be exceptions to the rule.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.