Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Fico scores / Experian scores

tag
erdoganog
Valued Member

Question Fico scores / Experian scores

Ok hello everyone i have recently gotten my fico account set up and my score shows up at 729 TU

I had Experian for a while now i am at 772

I know Fico gets looked during house loans/auto loans thats what i heard

Not to sound as a noob but so far i think fico scoring depends on how much you owe and what is your limits?

I am at 335$ on cap one when i do score simulator pay in full [335] score goes from 729 to 759-++

And from what i seen experian it does not matter as long as your not over 15% debt in credit score does not change

So 2 different scores

Anyone have tips for me to do to get this score up or should i not even worry if its a good score ?

thanks

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question Fico scores / Experian scores

@erdoganog wrote:

Ok hello everyone i have recently gotten my fico account set up and my score shows up at 729 TU

I had Experian for a while now i am at 772

Did you mean Equifax? Experian isn't available on this website and consumers haven't been able to pull their own EX FICO score for over a year now.

@erdoganog wrote:

I know Fico gets looked during house loans/auto loans thats what i heard

Not to sound as a noob but so far i think fico scoring depends on how much you owe and what is your limits?

I am at 335$ on cap one when i do score simulator pay in full [335] score goes from 729 to 759-++

And from what i seen experian it does not matter as long as your not over 15% debt in credit score does not change

So 2 different scores

Anyone have tips for me to do to get this score up or should i not even worry if its a good score ?

thanks

Welcome to the forums!

A super-vast majority of lenders do look at your FICO score when considering a loan. They will consider your middle score of the 3 (they can provide you with the EX FICO). If applying jointly, then they will consider the lower of the two mid-scores when applying. Many car lenders do factor in FICO, but the version of score used might be an auto-enhanced FICO and could differ from the score found here.

30 or 35% of your score is based on your debt, specifically your debt in relation to your CLs. Ideally, get all but one CC to report $0 with the remaining reporting less than 9% of the CL.

Aside from utilization as just mentioned, focus on your mix of credit if you are lacking cards (assuming your CapOne is your only one). If it is your only one, you may benefit from adding another. If you are considering a home soon, then don't add anything at all if you intend to apply inside of a year. If you got your score from myFICO, then you are in good shape.

Message 2 of 6
UtahTiger
Valued Member

I have been getting my report and score from Freecreditreport.com for the past year.  So is it true that the experian score from that site is a Fake one? Is it lower or higher on average than the myfico scores?

Is Transunion a fico score or fako score?  Where can I get the REAL SCORES that will be applicable for me getting a refinance of my home? 

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
erdoganog
Valued Member

well experian i have been using for a while now

http://www.experian.com/

oh my mistake ! i meant regular Experian score not a fico ex score lol

And i think it still works fine since it showed my recent hard inquiry few weeks ago ...

Oh and i have also American Express so for now i have 2 cards.

But the amex is recent wonder how long it will take to show up on my report

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@UtahTiger wrote:

I have been getting my report and score from Freecreditreport.com for the past year.  So is it true that the experian score from that site is a Fake one? Is it lower or higher on average than the myfico scores?

Is Transunion a fico score or fako score?  Where can I get the REAL SCORES that will be applicable for me getting a refinance of my home? 

The Experian score from Freecreditreport.com is a Plus score not a FICO score.

The Transunion score from transunion.com is a TransRisk score not a FICO score.

No one has been able to pull their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. I keep reading you can buy your Equifax score at www.equifax.com but I have yet to find the option of buying just a score without credit monitoring.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

@erdoganog wrote:

And i think it still works fine since it showed my recent hard inquiry few weeks ago ...

Oh and i have also American Express so for now i have 2 cards.

But the amex is recent wonder how long it will take to show up on my report

the reports should be accurate, just not the scores.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.