Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Experian score

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Question on Experian score

Hi

My current scores are TU- 715 , Equifax - 691.  I have recently applied for BOA Visa card, and found out through them that my experian score is 676.

I was just curious, why there is so much differnce between the 3 credit reporting agencies.Is Experian usually the lowest historically?Any ideas?

I have been very careful with my credit over the past year, and carrying low balances (less than 10 percent) and always paying in full every month. Hopefully, it will help raising all the 3 scores over the time.

And btw, Thank God, BoA did approve me (even though it was only $500), as I am in the rebuilding process.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Experian score

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Hi

My current scores are TU- 715 , Equifax - 691.  I have recently applied for BOA Visa card, and found out through them that my experian score is 676.

I was just curious, why there is so much differnce between the 3 credit reporting agencies.Is Experian usually the lowest historically?Any ideas?

I have been very careful with my credit over the past year, and carrying low balances (less than 10 percent) and always paying in full every month. Hopefully, it will help raising all the 3 scores over the time.

And btw, Thank God, BoA did approve me (even though it was only $500), as I am in the rebuilding process.

This is most definitely a YMMV situation. My EX has always been the highest of the 3 and TU the lowest so I just accept what I can't change.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state are you in? If you don't mind me asking

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Hi

Message 3 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

state is ND

@Anonymous wrote:

What state are you in? If you don't mind me asking

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Hi

This is most definitely a YMMV situation. My EX has always been the highest of the 3 and TU the lowest so I just accept what I can't change.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

So far for me TU has been the highest according to CC Lender Pull, followed by EQ at the moment since I am not sure where I stand with EX right now

Message 5 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So far for me TU has been the highest according to CC Lender Pull, followed by EQ at the moment since I am not sure where I stand with EX right now

Same here as well. But I was surprised to see so much differences in the scores though.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare the items on each credit report and see if everything matches

Message 7 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Hi

Does it say somewhere there, fer sher, fer sher, that this is your EX FICO score?

I would expect that it is, but the way things change, you never know.

If the letter or whatever says somewhere very clearly and specificly that it's a FICO score, then I agree with PP: pull your EX report and see where it's different from the other two. If it doesn't say that it's your FICO score, then you are probably looking at a FAKO, so it wouldn't be too surprising that it's out of synch with the other two.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Does it say somewhere there, fer sher, fer sher, that this is your EX FICO score?

I would expect that it is, but the way things change, you never know.

If the letter or whatever says somewhere very clearly and specificly that it's a FICO score, then I agree with PP: pull your EX report and see where it's different from the other two. If it doesn't say that it's your FICO score, then you are probably looking at a FAKO, so it wouldn't be too surprising that it's out of synch with the other two.

I got a letter from BOA congratulationg on the approval,showing the score and also mentioning that the score was from Experian. 

Message 9 of 17
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Experian alwasy the highest.

Transunion always the lowest.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.