Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising FICO 5, 4 & 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raising FICO 5, 4 & 2

This is so frustrating, how do I go about correcting my FICO 5,4&2 scores? They are around 100+ points lower than my FICO 9 score. I am trying to buy a house soon and need to raise my those scores as soon as possible. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Raising FICO 5, 4 & 2

Not knowing your exact details, below are benchmarks for FICO 8. Scores lenders use for mortgage are EX2, TU4, EQ5; should react similarly.

Remember these aggregate utilization thresholds: 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%
Remember these individual utilization thresholds: 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%

If you're not crossing a threshold, you won't be getting points.

Aggregate: 10-15 points for aggregate crossing a threshold.

Individual: ~5 points points for individual crossing a threshold.

Look into AZEO Technique. All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance e.g. $5-$10. Use a bank card. Do not use a store card.

Get your CC aggregate utility at or below 8.9% for full FICO points optimization.

Scores will react positively with one revolving credit card reporting a balance.

You might want to address any derogatory you have; delinquency, charge off, collection, etc. If they are updating monthly, it'll keep your scores suppressed.

Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @AllZero , I don't mean to hijack the original poster's post here, but I recently had a Capital One do an off cycle report inexplicably on a balance on a credit card with a $1000 credit limit. This card usually reports a balance of zero dollars every month, but the off cycle report caused her to report a balance of $960, or 96% utilization. this also caused my aggregate utilization to go to 11%. So, if I understand your post correctly, when that card reports zero dollars balance sometime between tomorrow and the next couple of days since the statement closed today, I should see points for crossing all of those individual thresholds and I should see points for crossing below the 8.9% aggregate threshold to correct? 

Message 4 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey @AllZero , I don't mean to hijack the original poster's post here, but I recently had a Capital One do an off cycle report inexplicably on a balance on a credit card with a $1000 credit limit. This card usually reports a balance of zero dollars every month, but the off cycle report caused her to report a balance of $960, or 96% utilization. this also caused my aggregate utilization to go to 11%. So, if I understand your post correctly, when that card reports zero dollars balance sometime between tomorrow and the next couple of days since the statement closed today, I should see points for crossing all of those individual thresholds and I should see points for crossing below the 8.9% aggregate threshold to correct? 

@Anonymous  Yes, that is correct. Whatever points you lost when your utilization increased will be returned back to as it was once before as utilization decreased, all else being the same.

If you have Experian daily monitoring, you can observe how your scores will react when your maxed out card returns to zero. Another free daily credit report is Wallethub for TU VantageScore. I disregard the score but observe how VS reacts.

Message 5 of 13
CreditBob
Established Contributor

The FICO 9 model algorithm does not include the mortgage scores. So don't worry about trying to compare the 2, 4, & 5 to the 9 scoring model. What are your current mortgage scores for the 2, 4, & 5?

You have also not provided enough information in other regards to what else is in your credit report. Here is what would help other members out. 

How many revolving accounts do you have? When did you open each one, how long ago?  Line of credit vs. current balances?

Do you have nay loans for personal, auto, student, etc.?   Original loan amounts, if any, vs. your current balances?

Any new accounts opened within the last 12 months?

Any collections, bankruptcy, liens, court judgements, etc?

I personally have one more payment in my chapter 13 bankruptcy. And I have been paying very close attention to my own mortgage FICO scores. I just wanted to share that with you because there are other members like myself that are going through the same thing that you are. That is, I would also like to qualify for a mortgage loan.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Fico scores have no memory... its just math.  what every points you had before will come back once the balance is back/reports as it did before.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure that I see an answer to your specific question. I have the same one.. paid off Debt other than Mortage. Fico Scores including Auto scores have shot up to 775-804 across all 3 bureaus. Assuming when I went to refi my home all would be fine but told my 'middle's score is over 100 points lower than the personal scores. 2 months later, Experian finally updates Mortgage (Fico 2) but the other 2 are still very low. I just need 1 of the remaining 2 to update to get a lower interest rate, but I can figure out how to get either FICO 2, or 5 updated... any suggestions? All Debt is paid off...

Message 8 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure that I see an answer to your specific question. I have the same one.. paid off Debt other than Mortage. Fico Scores including Auto scores have shot up to 775-804 across all 3 bureaus. Assuming when I went to refi my home all would be fine but told my 'middle's score is over 100 points lower than the personal scores. 2 months later, Experian finally updates Mortgage (Fico 2) but the other 2 are still very low. I just need 1 of the remaining 2 to update to get a lower interest rate, but I can figure out how to get either FICO 2, or 5 updated... any suggestions? All Debt is paid off...

@Anonymous.  Are you implementing AZEO method?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The scores are updated once the creditor reports the information to the CRA and they update it. This typically happens monthly. 

If you have a Credit Karma account you can see the dates each creditor typically updates your account each month. Or, for that matter with most CMS frontends.

You would have to give your profile information for us to give specific information.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.