Did you mean: 

Ready to quit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ready to quit!

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it closed today but I had to dispute it and it was opened that day maybe that's why?

I don't know but disputes can affect scores.

So you don't have daily EX score updates & monitoring through the Experian service?   I thought all their paid services provided daily EX score updates...?

I'm not sure what this is. I pay the 29.99 (I believe that's how much it is anyways) it updates my score when something changes may not be daily but frequently 

Message 21 of 36
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So then the student loan was your only active installment? 

Likely? I'm not 100% sure I don't see the self lender but I do know it's open. And I make my first full payment on the 1st. I paid the 9$ to open the acct and have money send to the cd.

OK -- if self-lender hasn't reported yet -- then that makes your student loan your only active installment (we can only consider items that are currently listed on your reports). Paying off your only installment will drop your scores (I still think 50 points is more than average but every profile is different).   Once your self-lender reports,  you should see a bit of a score boost from it.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 22 of 36
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Have you used your cards lately? The change in utilitazation could have dropped it. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 23 of 36
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure what this is. I pay the 29.99 (I believe that's how much it is anyways) it updates my score when something changes may not be daily but frequently 

Maybe it's just their CreditWorks Premium that offers the daily EX scores and reports -- that's the one I have and I get an updated EX report and score every day...  so it's quite easy to figure out what caused any changes to my score.    

When you're only updated monthly or when an alertable event occurs,  the score change can be a combination of things that happened since the last time the score was pulled -- so it makes it very difficult to figure out the exact cause.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 24 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Azuieldrago wrote:

Have you used your cards lately? The change in utilitazation could have dropped it. 

That would take util going up 50% on a card and losing ones own installment loan to get hit that much.

Message 25 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AnonymousI believe like @thornback said. Losing the only installment loan did you in. I lost 38-42 pts when I paid my truck off. Once Self kicks in. You'll regain some points. Your missing the peice of the credit mix pie. An open installment loan. Sucks that we take a loan. Pay it off on time and then get hammered when we pay it off.

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

B0D44AFB-E723-42EF-AA91-D100262C3C8C.png

I kid you not I woke up to this... nothing changed it just randomly said 5 point increase... I'm starting to not believe Experian maybe stick with myfico.com scores only

Message 27 of 36
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

B0D44AFB-E723-42EF-AA91-D100262C3C8C.png

I kid you not I woke up to this... nothing changed it just randomly said 5 point increase... I'm starting to not believe Experian maybe stick with myfico.com scores only

Experian is a great service  Your reports are going through a lot of changes right now and with that comes score fluctuations -  this service is alerting as it happens -  there is no reason to "not believe" it.    

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 28 of 36
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Azuieldrago wrote:

That would take util going up 50% on a card and losing ones own installment loan to get hit that much.

I figured something like that. Had to ask you know. Since it is/was a possibility. Should have clarified as helped lower. Not worded it as a singular.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

3C30039B-F5C4-4CA2-9D2B-0C7E58A8A14C.png

Here is from myfico.com 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm so confused even more what to believe!!!

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.