Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Age Off DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting Age Off DPs

Hello All,

Do people mind sharing data points on their scores when derogs (COs, CAs, etc.) naturally age off their reports? Whether it leaves a clean record or not. Thank you for all your help and support!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting Age Off DPs

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Do people mind sharing data points on their scores when derogs (COs, CAs, etc.) naturally age off their reports? Whether it leaves a clean record or not. Thank you for all your help and support!

When it is the last of a type of derogatory is when I saw score bumps. This is only reflective of F8s, for more breakdowns of other scores, feel free to look at my rebuilding posts.

I started with over a dozen CAs and saw zero score gains as each has come off so far. My last 2 come off in the next month. But, for my SO he has been lucky enough to have his last CA come off 2 of the 3Bs. He saw +40-45pt range for the last CA coming off with COs and lates still reporting.

I had over a dozen COs, as well as my SO, and we both saw virtually no gain as each came off, with one small exception. I had a few age off that amounted to about $30k and saw just under +30pt gain. When my last CO came off 2 of the 3Bs (set to age off the last one next month), I saw in the +70pt range for increases. This is with CAs still reporting

My SO has seen no score gain for 1 of his 2 COs aging off.

I had around 300 lates and had almost 200 age off at once and saw no score gain. When the last of my lates all were removed, I saw score bumps in the +20pt range. This is with CAs still reporting.

Mind you as things aged off, there were other derogs. This was all as things aged off naturally or via EE. No GW requests granted and only 1 PFD of a CA.. I started my rebuild towards the end of my 7 years after financial disaster. I am now only waiting for my last 2-3 CAs to come off the 3Bs and have otherwise spotless CRs. EQ also has 7 defaulted SLs that come off in Sept. Hopefully that is worth around +70pt like it was for EX and TU.

There is no one size fits all. It will also depends on how your profile looks otherwise. Is it thick and aged? Long revolving history? Low utilization? Lots go into how your scores will look once you go clean and each step along the way.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I saw massive gains (150-200 points) since I started rebuilding just over a year ago. Paid off $15000 CO CC debt. And was able to start getting new TLs. Up to $25000 CL now. Just waiting for those two COs to fall off in April and August of 2022 (thank you NY 5yr law). Sitting at 700-730 presently for F8s. 

Thought a concise thread of DPs might help inform and give people hope for the resolution of their dirty CRs.

Thank you for your inputs!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I saw massive gains (150-200 points) since I started rebuilding just over a year ago. Paid off $15000 CO CC debt. And was able to start getting new TLs. Up to $25000 CL now. Just waiting for those two COs to fall off in April and August of 2022 (thank you NY 5yr law). Sitting at 700-730 presently for F8s. 

Thought a concise thread of DPs might help inform and give people hope for the resolution of their dirty CRs.

Thank you for your inputs!

I agree, things aging off for me in addition to rehabbing my SLs and getting active, revolving credit has gained me over 200 pts since I started rebuilding lat year (you can see starting and current scores in my siggy). This is still with 2 or 3 CAs reporting, so I am o. A Public Record Scorecard for all 3 bureaus. I am very excited over the next couple months to watch the CAs come off and see where I land. According to MyFico simulator (unreliable, I know), it guesstimates I will be well into the 800s. It would be fantastic if those CAs coming off gained me 100pts +/-.

Message 4 of 5
dustind
New Contributor

I gained about 55pts, from 695 to 750 but I didn't have the EE dates right so I opened two cards 2 months prior. My poor AAoA and AoYA/AoYRA are holding me back for a few more months.

I have gained about 80 pts since I started two years ago.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.