Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating CCs, max FICO + max CLI advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rotating CCs, max FICO + max CLI advice

I'm planning on 3 apps about a month from now, so my goal is to eek out every bit I can from my scores to give myself the best chances at approval and/or decent SLs.

Message 11 of 14
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Silly question but why couldn't someone continue to use their free balance transfers before a reporting date keeping the balance reporting 0 on secondary cards that may get used as primary? Basically credit laundering

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JustinA wrote:
Silly question but why couldn't someone continue to use their free balance transfers before a reporting date keeping the balance reporting 0 on secondary cards that may get used as primary? Basically credit laundering

The number of lenders who offer free balance transfers (no fees at all) is maybe a handful, and lenders are suspicious of BT's anyway by their nature... much more sensitive to BT's than pretty much anything else in their fraud / risk detection algorithms from anecdotal reports.

Really wouldn't buy you much anyway, the simple (and good) financial advice of don't spend more than you earn tends to obviate the need for BT's anyway other than emergency expenses.

        
Message 13 of 14
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Ah ok. I was just wondering. Thank you for the info

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.