Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Drop

I just pulled my DH's TU CR last night.  His score dropped from 651 down to 582 in one month.  The only change to his CR is that one negative account, opened 1992 (his second oldest account) dropped off.  Could this cause such a drastic drop?  Smiley Sad
Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Drop

A 69 point drop seems extreme. What was his credit history length before and after this change? And are you absolutely sure nothing else changed on his report? Finally, where did you pull this TU score from?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Drop

I always pull reports from MyFico, his length of history is 20 years...last month it was 19 years.  The only other change is in the report comments themselves. 

The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown. Your most recent late payment happened
0 months agoMost FICO High Achievers [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, the date of this missed payment cannot be determined.

Keep this in mind: If you ask the credit bureau to report a date for this missed payment, it may lower your FICO score in the short term. If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history going forward.

Well...there is ABSOLUTELY NO lates.  I pulled EX and EQ just to make sure.  They both went up 6 points since last month. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.