Did you mean: 

Score Factors: Reason Statements with Explanations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Factors

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don’t think you need any help on that 8 differential. I believe that is the customization among bureaus because the scorecards are created based on the unique datasets, so I bet they are not tracking those that say do not track, but that’s my opinion.

There is your variation among CRAs.

I was thinking about stuff like this:

EX doesn't have No recent bank/national revolving balances, but it does have a more general No recent revolving balances.

So DOES NOT TRACK doesn't necessarily mean it isn't looking at recent card balances, because 'No recent revolving' might include those cards at EX.

Even though EQ/TU have both reason statements, it might be different at EX. Kind of a stretch, maybe? I'm not sure.

@Anonymous No you're absolutely 100% correct in my opinion. EX is only tracking overall revolving while EQ and TU are tracking that and just bank/national revolving separately. 

Message 21 of 24
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

Re: TU 4 - Score Factors

Does this Scorecard take into account accounts opened within a year?  As the number of account decrease..will TU 4 rise?

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

Does this Scorecard take into account accounts opened within a year?  As the number of account decrease..will TU 4 rise?

For recent accounts, TU 4 is looking at:

• Time since most recent account opening is too short
  • Too many accounts recently opened
  • Too many inquiries last 12 months
  • Date of last inquiry too recent

That last one is unique to TU4. EQ5 and EX2 don't have it.

Look for score increases at 3mo and 6mo since your last account was opened.

It counts from the 1st of the month in which an account shows as opened on your report, and will age on the 1st in consecutive months. Any score increases would be seen on the 1st. (Account opened on 09/28/2020 ages from 09/01/2020. Hits 3mo on 12/01/2020.)

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

The new account threshold is greater than 12 months on TU4, but we don't know exactly what it is. We're currently looking. 

so if you have a revolver under a year, you're definitely in a new account scorecard but we don't know when you switch back over on TU4 yet. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.