cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop from an address change?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Member

Score drop from an address change?

I receieved an update today that my EQ score dropped by 4 points because of an address change?  Is that really a thing?

I'm not freaking out.  Scores go up and down.  I recently obtained a Savor card, so  I was excepting a drop from having a new account.  I just moved from CO to CA and kind-of chuckled that address change was in the comments for the drop in score. 

Start FICO Feb 2018 EQ 632/TU 617/EX 612
Score 12/12/18 EQ 675/TU 705/EX 690
02/20/19 EQ 678/TU 756/EX 753
Goals - over 750 cross the board by Dec 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Score drop from an address change?

The point drop was not part of a address change. When it gave an alert. It gave you a moment in time when that hit to pass on the change.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Score drop from an address change?

I receieved an update today that my EQ score dropped by 4 points because of an address change?  Is that really a thing?

The alert your received said you had an address change; it did not say that your score dropped 4 points because of it. 

Your score dropped for a different reason.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.