cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase for initiating a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase for initiating a dispute?

I received a Scorewatch notice today of a +3.  I thought it was a strange bump because when I checked out what had changed, it showed a Cap 1 account and "Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process". 

I sent a CMRRR to Equifax to dispute a couple of 30 day lates using the "victim of natural disaster" as the reason.  I'm curious to see what will happen with it.  I also disputed with the other two CRA's online.

Question:  If there are  30 day lates on my accounts from the years 2003 and 2004, how much impact do you think it has on my overall Fico scores? 

FICO scores:  TU 663, EQ 687, and EX 695.
FAKO scores: TU 664, EQ 654, and EX 656

I know my scores are being held down by UTIL.  At least until they report next month. Woman Very Happy

Edited to add:  I have nothing else derogatory on my account and only 1 inquiry in the last year.
Average age of accounts is 7 years.

Message Edited by Felicity on 06-02-2007 10:56 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score increase for initiating a dispute?

"Question:  If there are  30 day lates on my accounts from the years 2003 and 2004, how much impact do you think it has on my overall Fico scores?"

My guess is very little.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.