cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring confusion, please help!

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Scoring confusion, please help!

So I’m super stoked, my Experian is now 701, the first bureau to hit the 700 mark! My TransUnion is almost there at 696, but my Equifax is around 660 for some reason. I recently had a collections account get dropped from my report but eq didn’t see gains like exp did. When I look at myFICO one of the score reason coded claims a collections/PR is present, even though the credit report I got through myFICO shows it’s gone. Other than that collections that disappeared all the remaining negatives are the same across all bureaus, what gives?
FICO 8
Eq - 673
Ex - 663
Tr - 685

Capital One Quicksilver - $1950 || Care Credit - $9600 || Costco Citi - $5500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $2800
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: Scoring confusion, please help!

Is your AAoA and AoOA the same across all 3 bureaus?

 FICO 8
Message 2 of 4
Super Contributor

@ibebarrett wrote:
When I look at myFICO one of the score reason coded claims a collections/PR is present, even though the credit report I got through myFICO shows it’s gone. Other than that collections that disappeared all the remaining negatives are the same across all bureaus, what gives?

Sounds like the negative reason statements supplied are old/tied to old scores rather than your new updated CR from MF where that negative information is gone.

Message 3 of 4
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the radio silence, been a busy week, thanks in advance for your time!
@Overmedicated wrote:

Is your AAoA and AoOA the same across all 3 bureaus?

The funny part is EX is my lowest ages despite highest scores(my oldest revolving credit line doesn't appear on this bureau).

EX AAoA 3yr 3 mo; AoOA 7yr 11 mo

EQ/TU AAoA 3 yr 7 mo; AoOA 8 yr 2 mo

The main difference is a rental account on my EQ that I don't think would cause such a massive penalty, but I could be wrong. The rental account in question showed up years after leaving there and reflected incorrect information. Now that I've finally got it mostly accurate it shows the following:

Opened 9/2013, Last Activity 01/2014, scheduled payment was $495, and high balance was $2558, reported balance is $0 and no reported delinquency.

At this point the only error is high balance, and it is not labeled as disputed.

Could this be the problem?

@BrutalBodyShots

That's so weird though because the credit report I'm looking at on MF was pulled 8/7 and shows no collections, yet the neg. code shows collections. I understand the codes not updating between reports, but I feel as if that neg. code should have dropped off when that new report pulled. That being said, it's my only EQ neg. code left aside from my SL lates! 

FICO 8
Eq - 673
Ex - 663
Tr - 685

Capital One Quicksilver - $1950 || Care Credit - $9600 || Costco Citi - $5500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $2800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.