Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator question

tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Simulator question

So I know that the score simulator here isn't exactly the gospel, but I'm wondering where it might be coming up with the following:

If I choose "Pay All Your Bills On Time" for a duration of 3 months, it shows a 10 point bump (715 to 725).  6mo = 20pt to 735, and 1yr = 45pt bump to 760.

What I can't figure out is why it suggests that those two milestones (3 and 6 mo from now), would be meaningful.  I've run an AAoA spreadsheet and my current AAoA is 5yrs (took a major beating from all the new accounts I've opened since this April).  I've calculated AAoA as best I know: [months open/number of accounts]/12 then rounded down to the whole year.  It doesn't cross the 6yr threshold until late in the summer next year by my calculations, so I wouldn't expect to see a bump from that until a year from now.

Am I missing something and overlooking potential bumps in 3 and 6 mos?  Or is this simulator as useful/less as I suspect?

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simulator question

Do you have late payments in the past couple years?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

simulator told me that if i payed all my accounts on time i would be a 810, i have a very thin file but nothing derog on there.

Message 3 of 4
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have late payments in the past couple years?

Not that should factor in here, I don't think.  Only derogs are a single 60 day each on two student loans from 2.5 years ago.  As far as I understand it, those hurt hard for 2 years, then soften up a bit until they fall off.

Looking at my AAoA spreadsheet, I did notice that a few of my accounts age to over 6mo in 3mo, and in 6mo all of my accounts are older than 6mo with a few going over a year.  Maybe that's what it's seeing?  Or maybe it's bunk and I've put too much attention into this already, lol.

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.