Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something good and unexpected just happened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something good and unexpected just happened

Two of my credit cards just hit the 12 month mark. They were opened in September, 2017.  My creditkarma TU "fake" score jumped by 14 points overnight, and EQ increased 13 points. Nothing else changed in my report other than those two cards turning one year old.

This seems to be a non-triggering event for the MyFico alerts, so I don't have an updated score on myfico yet. Dare I get excited, and think this increase might be reflected on myfico, too once I get an alert? Points for no reason other than existing are pretty exciting  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Something good and unexpected just happened

If one of them is your youngest account then I would expect a 15-20 point gain on FICO. If not, I would not expect a bump unless AAoA crossed over a scoring threshold. What about inquiries? Are you sure VS3.0 gains are not associated with inquiries (hitting one year) that usually come with these accounts?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good response from OM above.  I agree that if your AoYA crossed the 12 month mark you'll see a gain on your FICO scores.

Your scores from CK are not "fake" they're just from a different scoring model (VS 3.0) and not of the meaningful FICO variety.

Typically AoYA reaches 12 months before the inquiry becomes unscoreable, assuming the inquiry was taken at some point in the month other than the 1st.  OP, wha are the dates of the inquiries you took on for those 2 accounts?  Were they at some point after 10/1/17, but still in october?  I would guess that they are approaching 365 days in age, but possibly not there yet?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The two cards that just hit 12 months are indeed my newest cards.

The inquiry dates for them are: September 5, and September 28. Each hit a different bureau.

Normally when there in a drop or increase on credit karma, it gives a reason. However...there is no reason given this time. I also wasn't due for a refreshed report on CK until October 6.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the date opened on those two accounts is in September 2017, your AoYA reached 12 months on September 1, 2018... not yesterday.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. Well. The plot thickens. No fresh balances have reported. No inquiries have fallen off...

I have one account that reports on the 4th. Wait n see.
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The guys are right above. You passed the 1 yr mark more than likely. Vantage holds a HP for the full 2 yrs. FICO 1 yr. Click on "See what Changed" If theres no reason, Then that nails it. I just lost a HP after 2 yrs and gained 3 points.

ck.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.