Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split File?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Split File?

What causes a file to split? What are ways to avoid it? this is something I've just begun to hear about and I'm worried about it happening to my report.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Split File?

If you have a split file you will know it. I've heard people getting split files from pulling their own reports after only a few months. Some pull for years and never have a problem.

Message Edited by smallfry on 04-14-2008 06:48 PM
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Split File?

It happens mostly with EQ, when your file gets really big, whether from having lots of accounts, lots of softs from checking your own credit, or both.

It's fixable, but it's a PITA, and it does take a while. Your best bet is to print out a full report, ideally one that's straight from EQ, and hang on to it. If your file does split, you can fax it to them, and they can use it to help glue the thing back together.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.